Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
January 24, 2018, 02:59:53 AM

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: wheel guide pcd/offset  (Read 4801 times)
CHOP
Global Moderator
Ultimate Enthusiast

>>JUST ASK<<

« on: May 19, 2009, 11:00:21 PM »

PCD         RASCAL/supercarry PCD = 114.3mm

The term PCD stands for (pitch circle diameter) and is the diameter of a circle drawn through the centre of your wheels bolt holes. or the diagonal measurment of the widest bolt holes.  PCD is measured in millimetres and also indicates the number of studs or bolts the wheel will have.

One of the most common fitment has 4 studs and a PCD of 100mm, hence the fitment 4x100.

OFFSET(ET)        Rascal/supercarry offset = 18mm

The offset or (et) is the measurement taken from the fixing face of the wheel to its true center
as in the diagram below..

CENTER BORE (spiggot)          Rascal/supercarry = 60.1mm
Also just to touch on center bore or (spiggot size) the spigot is the bit in the centre of the hub that you rest the inside centre of the wheel on whilst aligning the studs and screwing back the wheel nuts. On generic after market wheels, the spigot hole inside the wheels is a lot bigger than the spigot on the car. So what you need to do in this case is fit spigot locating rings. These are just rings of aluminium or hard plastic, that fit over the spigot on your car and then have a proper fit with the spigot hole on the wheel. If you don't have the spigot taking all the weight of the car, chances are you'll break one or more studs when you drive the car hard or have to brake hard.

Remember the wheel nuts are simply there to hold the wheel on, NOT support the weight of the car. Also, as there is nothing to centre the wheel, you'll notice the wheels go in and out of balance because as you drive around, they'll move around on the hub.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 11:18:04 PM by >>CHOP<< » Logged
Richard

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2009, 07:24:51 AM »

Glad you cleared that up, always thought it stood for pitch centre diameter.
CHOP
Global Moderator
Ultimate Enthusiast

>>JUST ASK<<

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 10:38:00 PM »

OH and just remember ...when choosing wheels ...to get a set of wheels the same overall size (diameter)as the original wheels otherwise your speedo will be incorrect..also you can still use one of the old wheels as a spare..

so if you incease the wheel rim size reduce the tyre profile to match original diameter

in my experience ...the maximum backspace from the mating face of the wheel to the inside wall of the tyre is 110mm...

also any wider than 175 and it will protrude beyond the arch (bodywork)..some testers will allow a little ...but some others just wont allow it at all....

iow tom

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2012, 09:41:59 PM »

so which alloys would fit a rascal? thanks
J J 007
Ultimate Enthusiast

yep

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2012, 09:46:02 PM »

some suzuki swift wheels some older hyundai look under previous wheel post for pcd then go to pcd chart but any you want to buy try them on the front first thats where you will get a problem on suspension leg,pcd for ours is 114.3

smookin                   those that care don,t matter those that matter don,t care
hzoltaan

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2013, 09:10:40 AM »

guys, I just took off one of the wheels (got  aflat tire Cheesy ) and discovered that it has nothing to fit to the center hole. All the weight is being carried by the 4 wheel bolts. Strange, but seems to me as a factory stuff. I guess the small weight can be carried by them bolts...?

So In my humble opinion any alloys would fit from other cars provided that the distance of the mounting holes fit. the center hole is irrelevant.
As swift was mentioned here, I toook a look on my '98 swift II, which has 14" wheels. As far as I can see, it can fit, the wheelarch is about 51cm in diameter, the tires on my swift are 155/65R14 are about 54. Interestingly, the center hole of the swift is about 57mm (did not measure exactly) and on the carry it seemed bigger. But alas, it might be that I have some other wheels, not the original.
J J 007
Ultimate Enthusiast

yep

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2013, 08:18:10 PM »

I had Suzuki swift wheels on mine with no problems

smookin                   those that care don,t matter those that matter don,t care
hzoltaan

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2013, 09:13:47 AM »

does anyone know what is the biggest tyre what could fit on the van? I could be persuaded to have bigger wheels on the back if nevessary. I just want to reach higher cruising speed with the 4 speed gearbox.

I was checking that maybe 145/80R14 or 155/70R14 would fit...?

Thank you.
J J 007
Ultimate Enthusiast

yep

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2013, 09:37:06 AM »

I have 175x14

hzoltaan

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2013, 11:33:53 AM »

good lord, that's big. Smiley
 could you drop a picture here? Any modifications done? Is it 175/65-14?

Do you have it at the front too with no issues?

Thanks!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: