Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
September 21, 2017, 08:19:23 PM

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My First Post  (Read 71 times)
better days

« on: September 05, 2017, 06:49:46 PM »

Hi All,
          I am looking at a few Rascal /Bambis on ebay with the idea of buying one. I am retired and have a limited budget but the rascals look within my budget. I am wondering about what are the good and bad things about them. Are they cheap to run and repair, and the driving problems I have read about. Low speeds (I dont go fast anyway) and stability on the road as I have read that they are a bit unsteady . but I do like the look and simplicite of them .
Any help or encouragement would be appreciated . I would only be doing about 2000 miles per year. Thanks for reading this and for any replys .
Best wishes to all.
                          Ron  (better days )
DevonVanMan

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 10:43:08 PM »

Welcome to our site.
I have a Suzuki Super Carry, this means it has electronic ignition. Most members have posted tips and other helpful items, its worth reading through the back listings. I found a 13 inch pair of alloys gave me an extra 10 mph and much increased stability well worth it.
Spares are available and depending on what you want inexpensive. Some of our members actually  work on and repair  these vans and their advice is worthwhile. Running costs are very low and so is insurance. have fun I know I do. Tony. 
Cuthbert

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2017, 02:16:55 PM »

Most Bambi's are now around 30 years old, so most local garages don't know or want to know how to fix them. These are really hobby vans that are generally simple to work on and there is a good knowledge base on here and other sites on Facebook like Bambi Owners Club/Group. They are quite reliable but occasionally can be rather stubborn to fettle. I've had mine over 5 years and it's my only vehicle, I am also retired so have the time to spend playing around with it, we also manage to get away camping as often as possible which after all is the main reason to have a campervan. Read all the forums here (not just the Bambi section) and get the feel for them. It's a bit quiet on here lately but ask a question and you will get a reply.

1988 / Bedford Bambi / a.k.a. ELMO
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: