Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
September 21, 2017, 08:37:18 PM

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Romahome demountable Leak - HELP!  (Read 430 times)
Llywelyn1984

« on: January 09, 2016, 07:36:15 PM »

My demountable has sprung a leak.  Please can anyone help me.
the leak is manifesting itself at the front where the luton sections meets the normal section in the van.  
There is a damp patch in the corner and in the middle.

Help!!

What could this be?  is it the vent at the front?  Or could it be the window with the water leaching up (unlikely) or is it somewhere that it joins?

Donk you said you had a roof leak before did this cause the leak in the where the luton meets the van?

Also what method of sealant is the best?

Thanks

Andrew

« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 07:37:48 PM by Llywelyn1984 » Logged
Donk's Dad

Sadly no longer A Bambi Owner

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2016, 02:56:43 PM »

I spoke about this on the Small Motohome site

As its a Monocock unit (all cast in one piece) and It's usually where holes are cut afterwards that can let water in !

Windows, roof  Vents and Door opening can all leech water, as would any cracks that could have appeared with age.

If the units being drive the force of the air pressure will push water up into odd area's but if its been left standing most ingress will puddle under gravity with some possible rising by capillary action.

To get up onto the floor of the Luton it has to overcome a overhanging lip above the front window / opening where a material covered pelmet is fitted.

On the other site JJ suggested getting someone to spray a hose onto the outside of the pod while you observe inside.

Watch out if you ask her in-doors as it might get much wetter that expected ! ! !

Donk's Dad !
Llywelyn1984

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2016, 12:20:07 AM »

Cheers donk's that's really helpful...Re driving it - i did drive it on the weekend (the old man wasn't sure about the handling!) and i wonder if this forced the water....
im armed with mastic, a new vent, roof flashband (bought for the soundproofind, a thing called "maxim glass" temporary window repair which i got someone long ago, and various duck tapes!  Hopefully if it's dry it wont stand a chance! I can do the water test as well i feel. 
Re driving it - i did drive it on the weekend (the old man wasn't sure about the handling!) and this may have forced the water backwards....

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: