Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
September 21, 2017, 08:39:13 PM

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Propex blown heater  (Read 1175 times)
Bonsai Bambi

« on: October 29, 2014, 10:56:20 AM »

I have a Propex blown heater fitted in my van, the thermostat appears to work as it should however, I can hear the heater clicking when I turn the thermostat and what I guess is trying to switch on but do's not fire up! The gas taps are all turned to the on position (The three gas taps under the seat nearest the cooker) Any clues as to what is going on? Is there another tap somewhere?

Steve
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 08:15:11 PM by Bonsai Bambi » Logged

Steve
duncanamps
True rascal enthusiast

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 10:50:43 AM »

Does it run for 5 seconds then switch off?

If that's the case, the "no flame" sensor is cutting in. This is normally caused by no gas supply. The three taps don't all go the same way.

From memory, the first two are cooker and fridge and go opposite way to the third one (if fitted) which is the propex heater.

Turn the first one on and listen for gas from the cooker when you switch it on, then set the third one at 90 degrees to this and you should be OK.

Regards,
Duncan

Duncan Munro | 1987 Bambi | www.sootyvan.com
Bonsai Bambi

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2014, 12:42:48 PM »

Sussed it! .... I had the taps turned to the correct positions ie: opposites, but I have been trying to start it incorrectly, I have been switching  on the burner on the thermostat housing, then turning the thermostat up from the 0 position to 4,5,6 or whatever to hear the burner clicking 'on' but not firing up. So as it is a fairly cold morning, I set the thermostat up at 8 then switched on the burner switch on the thermostat housing and it fired up first time! and just to confirm I had been doing it wrong, I tried it again using the first method and it failed to fire up.

Hope this will help someone in the future as there is not a huge amount of information in the Autohomes manual is sadly lacking.

Steve
Donk's Dad

Sadly no longer A Bambi Owner

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2014, 06:40:22 PM »

Now the heater is working it would be interesting to know how jucy it is to run.
I presume you have the standard 907 GAZ Cylinder... I know it depends on how cold it is and how long the heate runs for but I wonder how long you would get from a full one !

Donk's Dad !
Bonsai Bambi

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2014, 04:15:56 PM »

Like you say, it depends where the thermostat is set. I am looking at lowering the gas locker floor to take the 4.5kg calor gas, so if anyone has a photo that would be great  Grin

Steve
Donk's Dad

Sadly no longer A Bambi Owner

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2015, 07:42:39 PM »

I decant gas from a big calor gas bottle into my 907, using a valve to fit the small bottles fitted to a calor gas bottle pigtail.

This cost me around £30 for i think 11kg.

The Camping 309 was arounnd the same price for 2.4Kg !!!

Donk's Dad !
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: