Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
December 17, 2017, 09:10:09 AM

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Carry/bambi hybrid  (Read 1437 times)
Orange5

« on: April 11, 2012, 09:43:45 PM »

Hello people im new on the forum and i hope you dont think im some kind of dr frankentstein. Im in the process of fitting the bambi back on a 2004 suzuki carry. The rascal was badly accident damaged so a replacement chassis was needed. Trying to find a good rascal pick up can be quite hard so i looked around for an alternative pick up. Im looking forward to finishing the camper off and using it. I might need a couple of bits of info on the leisure battery front. I seem to have one positive lead and two negative leads. Has anyone got any clues?
old hippy
True rascal enthusiast

eeyore

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 11:51:10 PM »

one negative goes to earth on body try to get thickest wire you can do and make sure of good connection  and other one provides neg to lights,water pump  . I have 3 on mine one to earth ,one to  light,water pump, and one to relay  for charging from alternator .You dont really need one for light as if fi xed to bodywork will pick it up from body ,but i have one for them and water pump as it a demountable bambi not sure on how the connection is made but someone will tell you ,but it does need a connection to earth

but if you have control panel then you  only need two one to earth and one to control panel
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 11:59:03 PM by old hippy » Logged

I  OWN  REAL RASCARRY  NOT A CARRY NOR A RASCAL BUT A HYBRID
Orange5

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2012, 08:39:50 AM »

Hello old hippy that answers my question i think. There is one earth that comes from a diferent area so that isnt my battery earth but my body earth for zig etc. thanks mate i was looking too hard at it. By the way its not a demountable.
old hippy
True rascal enthusiast

eeyore

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2012, 08:55:10 AM »

not a problem ok with the zig unit check and make sure the earth on that is a good as you can make it

Pirate
True rascal enthusiast

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2012, 10:13:47 AM »

Sounds like an interesting project, having a 1300cc engine should be a worthwhile improvement  Wink
How difficult is it to remove the Bambi body?
Is there a lot of work to make it fit the Carry?
Post some pictures!
J J 007
Ultimate Enthusiast

yep

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2012, 10:20:04 AM »

My son has an 02 pickup had 90 out of it should make a difference with when turned into a bambi

smookin                   those that care don,t matter those that matter don,t care
old hippy
True rascal enthusiast

eeyore

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2012, 11:45:20 AM »

here is some pictures of a conversion it might point you in direction of fixing and give you some idea what you looking at
but if it is not a demountable body  then it has side lockers and then would not sit flat on pickup base

http://www.pbase.com/stevehorn/fixing&page=all

Orange5

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2012, 04:47:11 PM »

Here are some photos of what ive done so far, the back is fitted into place and the lower lockers after extensive modification now fit nice. This was a real problem due to where the rear wheels are now positioned. The front of the camper floor (about six inches wide and the width of the floor ) had to be removed to fit into the carry bulkhead. Im finishing the floor off which was quite tricky. Im not a joiner so the joinery side has slowed me down a lot. I should have the conversion finished in three weeks and then i can re trim the interior. The camper back is going to be white to match the cab.
http://s1182.photobucket.com/albums/x449/Bolor7/Carry/
rangerman77
True rascal enthusiast

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2012, 09:52:30 PM »

I have seen a bambi back on a Carry - there's one lives near us. Always wondered how it was done.  Nice work!

Vauxhall Enthusiast
Rascalvan10
True rascal enthusiast

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2012, 08:39:35 AM »

Hi orange, looks a nice job, we had a customer who fitted a bambi body onto a 2008 Piaggio porter ( Diahatsu) truck, when it was a new truck. He got offered £10,000 for it several times, so it is a worthwhile conversion.
If you need any help with the wiring, give me a call, I have removed all the wiring from many a bambi, so know where  all the wires go. ( unless it has been changed)
Regards Tim
www.bedfordrascal.com.
would love to see the finished job,

www.bedfordrascal.com  and www.smallcampervan.co.uk
Small camper conversions and repairs.
Online photo album at :
https://picasaweb.google.com/106526935125883283147
Donk's Dad

Sadly no longer A Bambi Owner

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2012, 05:59:02 PM »

We have a demountable on an 03 suzuki and it goes like the wind !

Donk's Dad !
Llywelyn1984

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2016, 10:35:05 AM »

Yesterday when driving to brecon i noticed a bambi with a piaggio porter on the back.  I couldnt believe my eyes.  It had blue and red details around the back door.  Unfortunately we were in a hurry so couldnt turn round and take a photo.  In fact ive never actually been inside a bambi.

I wonder if it was this one?
Donk's Dad

Sadly no longer A Bambi Owner

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2016, 12:56:24 PM »

Looks like a great job and another Bambi kept alive.

More should be done like this instead of just scrapping them.

But dont show it to anyone on the Bambi Owners Website.....They would all have Hissy-Fits

Donk's Dad !
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: